- This event has passed.
Silver Sunday Story Writing Competition
October 4 @ 8:00 am - October 31 @ 5:00 pmFree
This event is inviting 6 to 16 year olds to sit (face-to-face, over a video/audio call) with one older person (65+) in their house and listen to them to write the older person’s biography and then convert it into a story. The idea is to make the older person feel special by giving them an opportunity to speak with the young and tell their story.
ONE WINNING ENTRY WILL BE TRANSFORMED INTO AN ILLUSTRATED E-BOOK.
10 RUNNER-UPS WILL BE PUBLISHED AS AN E-BOOK STORY COLLECTION.
1. The story should not be more than 500 words.
2. The story language should be English.
3. The story should be typed and e-mailed to email@example.com by 31st October 2020.
4. The story should also include the writer’s and older person’s name, age, relation, location/s and how the interview was conducted.
5. The child can conduct the interview face-to-face, on video/audio call, whichever is convenient.
6. Winner will be announced on 30th November 2020.
7. All final decisions lie with the organiser.
For some amazing tips to get you started follow the link below: