Our programme of FREE online Dementia Skills Sessions start with ‘Thinking Differently About Dementia’.
This session is for family and friends who support somebody living with dementia. You will connect with experienced dementia trainers and other dementia carers to learn more about dementia and receive practical guidance that will help you in your supportive role.
Our experienced trainers cover:
– Understanding dementia and the common symptoms
– How dementia affects the senses, communication and behaviour
– The importance of continuing to ‘see’ the person (and not the condition)
– Practical ways to connect with a person with dementia
– Strategies to overcome communication barriers
– Solutions for adapting the environment.
– The benefits of a connection with nature and the outdoors
This 2-hour session provides you with the foundational knowledge you need in understanding dementia, therefore it is essential to complete this session before booking into any of our other Dementia Skills Sessions.
Book using the booking link.